Tuesday 22 March 2011

Curly Car Antenna Project

So I lost some inspiration for a week or two there. Guess it comes from doing so much yarn bombing lately. Thought I was going to do that Shipping Bollard thing but it was doing my head in. I need something really monotonous as I've just changed departments at work and I need something that I don't have to concentrate on and count stitches with. I was searching Ravelry and came across Kristen Stevenson's pattern for a car antenna yarn bomb. As you'd be able to see from my flickr photos, I've tried antenna's before and I didn't like the pattern I used. Too annoying and time consuming, but Kristen's are curly! How cute. I read the pattern and it seems to be very simple, fast and straight forward crochet. Just what I love.

So without further ado... here is my new project...


CURLY CAR ANTENNA PROJECT

Sunday, April 3 · 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Highpoint shopping centre
200 Rosamond Road
Maribyrnong VIC 3032

Come and be a part of the Curly Car Antenna Project. We'll be yarn bombing at least 20 cars in the carpark with curly car antenna's.

All are welcome to attend. Take photos or video and upload onto the Twilight Taggers page. This even will be happening rain or shine.

Meet at noon outside Lincraft [located on level 2 near Borders] and we'll go from there.

If you wish to make some yourself, then Kristen Stevenson has a free pattern on Ravelry here:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/antenna-yarn-bomb

And if you wish to join the facebook event then go here:
Special mention to Kristen Stevenson on Ravelry for the use of her car antenna photo [and pattern] until I've made one myself and can use my own image.

Luv Bali. 

8 comments:

  1. 2 cute, I have a small antenna but I have gotta make this, :) Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make a small sized yarn bomb for the antenna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it, won't be around that weekend, but will join you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did mine in red :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, I have only been crocheting for like two months now, but I love all the ideas I found. Friends of mine also found yarn bombs here in Holland, in Utrecht, and it has inspired me to make some myself. Just have to find a good place to start. Will definitely take your advice to heart!

    Keep up the good work! Love, Nienke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Crochet is my fave craft ever. You should also get into making amigurumi's as they're so fun. Oh and you should totally start yarn bombing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want nothing but the best sound to be emitted by your car radio, you will need to employ a car radio antenna which is of good quality. Here are some antenna which produce good sound.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ostracism, from the Greek ostrakismós: in ancient democracy  Athens was a legal institution that punished with exile who was identified as a "danger to the city." In affective and social terms ostracism is enacted by excluding someone from society or a social group, avoiding communication with him or ignoring it as if it did not exist; and in this way it destroys him.

    ReplyDelete