Friday 3 January 2014

Ella Rose square pattern



ELLA ROSE SQUARE


The ELLA ROSE SQUARE is a square that I modified from here:
http://www.rukodelie.by/content/?id=6260
as I wanted a slightly different look.

The Ella Rose square is not hard to master even though the pattern may look detailed and/or complicated. I have written it up so that the round joins are in the ch2 corner space, so you don't have the join line showing.


YOU WILL NEED:
8ply yarn
4mm or 4.5mm hook

Pattern is written in US terms

SPECIAL STITCH:
DC BOBBLE (a bobble of two double crochet) - work half way through a double crochet and leave the loop on the hook, work half way through another double crochet (in the same stitch as the other double crochet), yarn over and pull through all loops on the hook.

Start with a magic loop, or ch4 and ss to make a circle.

R1 - 8sc in to loop, ss to close the round.
R2 - ch8 (counts as half of a dc bobble and ch5 corner space), *dc bobble in next sc from previous round), ch5**, repeat * to ** six times, dc in same space as ch8, ss to 3rd ch of beginning ch8, ss in to ch 5 space.
R3 - ch5 (counts as dc and ch2 corner space), 4dc in ch5 space, *ch1, sc in next ch5 space, ch1, (4dc, ch2, 4dc) in next ch5 space**, repeat * to ** twice, ch1, sc in next ch5 space, ch1, 3dc in next ch5 space, ss to 3rd chain of beginning ch5, ss in to ch5 space.
R4 - ch5, 2dc in ch5 space, *dc in next 4 dc, dc in next ch1 space, dc in next sc, dc in next ch1 space, dc in next 4 dc, (2dc, ch2, 2dc) in corner ch2 space**, repeat * to ** twice, dc in next 4 dc, dc in ch1 space, dc in next sc, dc in next ch1 space, dc in next 4 dc, dc in ch5 space, ss to 3rd chain of beginning ch5, ss in to ch2 space.

Repeat R4 for as many rounds as you want to make your square big enough.


2 comments:

  1. I Love this However I am good good with written Patterns I try hard to read and crochet from it but it seems I have a hard time but I will keep trying I love to watch video tutorials and crochet along with that is the best way I can learn. I go on YouTube a lot. Question if you have a step by step Video Tutorial I would love to know what it is so I can watch and learn
    Tanks Tammy {Cajungir}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine the colors that will make that pop! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete